Starting your own Yahoo Tourney Pick EmI just set up a Yahoo Fantasy Tourney Pick Em for March Madness. Due to the issues I faced setting up such a simple setup I decided I would write it up to help anyone else who wants to start a Fantasy Group.
- Go to Yahoo Tourney Pick Em and after logging in with your Yahoo userID, Create a Group.
- Come up with an awesome group name and then click submit.
- Then go to Create a bracket, name it something sweet, and then click on the ‘win 5 million dollars if I choose every game correct button’, you never know.
- As Commissioner you can set the scoring system or use the default Yahoo one, I chose the latter. I wanted to keep it simple and it made sense.
- On the main panel select the invite others tab, now this is where I ran into some issues (described below)
Email Addresses (seperated by commas) Look up friends in your Yahoo! Address BookIf you add email addresses(that are not Yahoo mail addresses) into these and click submit, when the user opens the email sent to him and clicks “follow the link”. You will see this error:
There was a problemYou have already joined this group with the maximum number of allowed teams. Go to this group’s homepage. (Error #492)
- When they open up this url, they will be asked to click to join the group.
- Then they need to login using their valid Yahoo UserID, or use a Gmail or Facebook account to login. This will work as long as you put in the correct user and password for those accounts.
- After they login they can then create their own bracket and browse the panels. Since I am writing this the day before Bracket Selection, everything shows as empty. We have from Sunday night to Thursday to fill out our brackets.
Updated Second Chance Tournament for Yahoo Tourney Pick EmHey everyone, Yahoo has added more fun to the tournament called “Second Chance Tourney Pick’Em”. Basically you follow the same steps as above. Login to your Yahoo account http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ and under My Brackets & Groups you select the Second Chance option. You will be presented with a Create a Bracket page, fill out like before. Basically the premise is that now the teams have played the games up to the semi finals, and you may have bombed in your original brackets, they are giving you a ‘second chance’ to select the actual teams that are left. Let me know how your group does.