Fix Iphone 3G 4.2.1 Jailbroken Ipad baseband errorIf you have an Iphone 3G 4.2.1 jailbroken with iPad Baseband 6.15 and you reset all settings.. Well don’t!! Basically if you do this, the phone goes into a Recovery state (bricked) and the only way to unlock is to do a custom restore through iTunes. Here is a list of the issues/problems that I encountered as well as my problem solving steps and then the final fix. I wrote this post, because I spent so much time Googling each step, so I thought I’d consolidate all the information here and simplify. I hope that this post will answer your questions surrounding these problems.
Reminder – These instructions are only intended for an iPhone 3g, 6.15 Baseband 4.2.1
- First problem encountered was the Apple logo on reboot after I did the reset – This was caused by resetting all my information
- Tried using ITunes to do a restore – could not do a shift + restore on my new mac, so used a windows machine.. Not quite sure on the cause of this, so don’t have a fix if you don’t have a different computer
- I went ahead and did a normal restore.. not knowing that it wouldn’t work, received the error 1015 – basically iTunes knows that your system has been jailbroken and has the iPad baseband ( You need a custom IPSW).. To get it out of this error you must download iReb R5 and follow the directions
- Tried re-running RedSnow to jailbreak, basically it will hang in different spots and send you to the screen that has the cable and itunes (Recovery state)
- Finally I realized I needed a custom IPSW after this trial and error.
- Download SnowBreeze and IPSW (4.2.1) Run snowbreeze, and browse to IPSW – create custom IPSW
- Restart Itunes do a shift + Restore, browse to custom IPSW and voila!
You won’t need to jailbreak since the custom IPSW has Cydia already baked in.
Disclaimer- I do not take any responsibility for any results from these instructions, including if you end up with a bricked phone.I am hosting the custom Snowbreeze IPSW, to save you the downloads. (*Please read the disclaimer*) Download Snowbreeze 4.2.1 Custom IPSW
Updated:Drives me crazy how hard this was, but when you know how to fix its super easy…I hope you enjoy, Let me know in the comments or share with your friends if this helps you. I am not a professional but I really enjoy hacking these devices. I hope you found that this article helps fix iPhone 3G 4.2.1 jailbroken issues, Good luck!